Your privacy is important to us! Why? Because we use the internet
too, and we hate it when web sites give our information to third
When you set up a game or are asked by a game host to register before
entering a guess, we collect certain information to make
the game work. Below, you will find a list of the information
we collect and how it is used.
Any information that you provide will never
be given, rented, or sold to third parties and it will be erased
from our databases when you delete your account or all games that you
have participated in have been deleted (whichever happens first).
If you set up a game
- Your email address - This
is used as your login ID. It
may be used by ExpectNet if we need to contact you about
issues concerning your account.
- A password - This
enables you to log into your account.
- A game name -
This is a password that you make up to give to prospective
participants in your game. With this password, they can
log into ExpectNet and be taken directly to your game page.
- The baby's due date - The due date will be available to the
participants in your game to be used as a clue when they
are making their guesses.
- How many babies the mother is expecting -
Guesses can be entered for each baby.
- Optional - The name of the expectant mother and father - These are displayed on your game
page, indicating to participants who the game belongs to.
- Optional - The baby shower date - This
simply serves as an announcement or reminder to game participants.
- Optional - City, state, country where the baby's parents live -
Will show up on the Recent Births table on the home page. It might also
show up on the Most Guesses table if the game has a lot of guesses.
If you enter a guess
- Your name - Shows up in the game
table so people know who entered the guess.
- Your email address (optional or required) - Allows you to
receive updates and a birth announcement from the host. The host may choose to require an
email address for increased game security.
- Optional - A password - This
enables you to edit your guess at a later date if the host allows it.
- Optional - City, state, country where you live -
Shows up in the game table so people know where you're from.
- Optional - A phrase describing how you know the parents - This is displayed on the game table
to make the game more fun!
If you are accessing ExpectNet.com from a shared or public computer,
we suggest that you close your web browser after you have logged out
of ExpectNet and finished any other web surfing you may do. This
will help ensure the privacy of your account and any games you are hosting
or participating in.